Building Official's Office
Building Official: Joseph Pajak
Tuesday: 5:30-7:30 pm
Inspections by appointment.Eastford Solar Photo Voltaic (PV) Permit Package: CLICK HERE
Certificate of Occupancy Requirements
Requirements for Building Permits
Building Permits for additions, sheds, garages, pools and decks would require Items 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, & 7 as well as appropriate construction detail documents. Pool permits also require proof of purchase of pool alarm.
Building Permits for most other improvements generally would require only Items 3, 6, & 7.
1. An application must be filed with and approved by the Wetlands Office.
2. An application to install a septic system must be filed with and approved by the Northeast District Department of Health, 69 South Main Street, Unit 4, Brooklyn, CT 06234. Phone: (860) 774-7350.
3. Property tax payments must be current.
5. Two copies of building plans must be submitted for approval. One copy will be returned to the applicant. Plans must include:
i. Site Plan
ii. Foundation Plan
iii. Floor plan with windows and door schedules
iv. Electrical and plumbing plans
v. Clear description of fire ratings.
6. Compliance with model Energy Code shall be provided.
7. Proof of Contractor’s License and Workman’s Compensation Insurance.
8. Trade permits must be completed by properly licensed tradesmen for plumbing, heating, electrical and other mechanical components. Trade permits are not required of homeowners of one and two family houses when working on their own property.
9. A driveway permit is required for new dwellings issue by the Selectman’s Office. Driveway permits for state roads must be obtained from the State of Connecticut Department of Transportation, Bureau of Highways in Norwich (860) 823-3233.
Schedule of Required Inspections
NEW CONSTRUCTION OR ADDITIONS
1. Footing inspection – when forms are in place
2. Footing drains
3. Foundation and coating – before backfilling
4. Mechanical and framing inspections must be made before work is covered
a. rough framing
b. rough electrical
c. rough plumbing
5. Insulation inspection
6. Final inspection and Certificate of Occupancy must be obtained before building is occupied
1. See 4 and 5 above.
1. Footings, grounding, electric/trench, fence and alarms at final inspection.
3. Electrical (if needed
4. Final Inspection
All inspections will be marked with a sticker. RED STICKER – STOP, don’t build, call for re-inspection. YELLOW STICKER – GO AHEAD, construction, work is approved. This sticker will be in a conspicuous location. Any rough mechanical or framing work covered without approval and signature of Building Official will be uncovered for inspection as per Section 111, State of Connecticut Basic Building Code.