Nahaco Park Commission
Camp Nahaco Park Commission
The mission of the Camp Nahaco Park Commission is to maintain Camp Nahaco and its facilities for public use. We are committed to protecting and preserving the natural beauty Camp Nahaco affords, improving the facilities to meet the public’s needs and managing the day to day operations to allow financial stability, guaranteeing the public’s enjoyment for generations to come.
The Commission dedicates itself to the community by providing to them:
- Social Benefits Bringing families and communities together to enjoy recreational and leisure activities
- Environmental Benefits Protecting and preserving the natural ecosystems within the Park boundaries
- Educational Benefits Providing individuals, schools, and other learning-focused groups the chance to use the Park and facilities as a natural, outdoor learning environment
- Historical Benefits Allowing people the opportunity to appreciate the history of the Park and its evolution into a community resource
- Economic Benefits Developing and managing the Park as a financially self-supporting asset, and encouraging appropriate use so that full financial independence may be achieved
In the summer, a Day Camp provides a structured program of traditional indoor and outdoor activities. Please email email@example.com for more information about Day Camp. For directions, click here.
Please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about rentals.
Donatins are Accepted and Appreciated: Please make check payable to "Nahaco Park" and mail it to: 415 Route 169, Woodstock, CT 06281
The Commission has members from both the Towns of Woodstock and Eastford. The Commission consists of 8 members and 2 alternates who are appointed for two year terms. Vacancies are filled by the Board of Selectmen for the unexpired portion of the term.
- Bill Bradley
- Jim Trowbridge
- David Barlow
- Chuck Lee
- Rick Torgeson (Alternate)
- Chris Mayhew - Chairman
- Dave Mullen - Treasurer (Alternate)
- Brian Griffin - Secretary
- Beach Baywood
- Paul Oleszewski
The full Camp Nahaco Park Commission meets monthly, usually on the first Wednesday of the month at 7:00 p.m. (Note: in bad or cold weather, the Commission alternates meetings between the Eastford and Woodstock Town Halls. Weather permitting, meetings are held in the Camp Nahaco dining hall.) See the blue Calendar tab, above, for upcoming meetings. Agendas and minutes are available at the Town Hall and on this website. Meetings are open to the public.