Shaping Futures Together
Eastford Elementary School Mission Statement
We pledge to provide every one of Eastford's children entrusted to our care with the very best education to meet individual needs, to maintain a nurturing and caring environment, and to ensure for each child the necessary preparation for a productive and fulfilling life in our changing world.
2021-22 Board of Education Goals
Monitor the quantitative and qualitative data provided by school administration relative to long-term planning goals for the academic, social, and emotional growth of students at Eastford Elementary School with respect to national, state, and local assessments.
- Support the efforts of the administration as they work to protect and insure the well-being of staff and students through the provision of a safe and productive learning environment during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Advocate for a budget that is responsive to the programmatic needs of all students, the professional growth needs of district staff and the needed facility and maintenance updates in accordance with a long-term plan.
Collaboration and Communication with Community
- Collaborate with the administration's efforts in the development of a long-term strategic plan.
- Continue to explore ways to achieve greater efficiency as a school district by cooperating with the community and other districts for shared services and staff as well as cooperative programs and purchases.
2021-22 Superintendent Goals
Provide leadership and supports to the administrative team and school staff in the selection and implementation of curriculum programs and instructional practices that support the academic, social, and emotional well-being of all our students in measurable ways.
- Provide responsive leadership during the current phase of the COVID-19 pandemic that supports the well-being of staff and students through the provision of a safe and productive learning environment. In consultation with administration, local health departments, school medical advisors, municipal leaders, Connecticut Department of Public Health (DPH) and Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE), make decisions throughout the year regarding the level of in-person, hybrid or remote learning and the implementation of critical mitigation strategies.
- Together with the administrative team, based on an analysis of qualitative and quantitative results, prioritize, and advise the Board of Education of the needed staffing, staffing supports, and instructional resources in all academic areas, with an emphasis on technology and social-emotional learning.
- Apprise the BOE on an ongoing basis of the needed long-term facility, maintenance, and security projects.
Collaboration and Communication with Staff, Families and Community
- Continue to provide leadership, support and resources needed to develop a long-term strategic planning process that involves relevant stakeholders.
- Advise the Board of Education as to opportunities for shared services and programs.
2021-22 Principal Goals
Focus Area 1:
Climate, culture and social and emotional factors for students and staff
Focus Area 2:
Targeted and focused improvement of curriculum and instruction
With support from the Superintendent and the Board of Education, utilize the strategic plan framework and our vision of an Eastford learner, to work with staff and other stakeholders to:
- continue to develop systems that support and incorporate instruction, assessment, and analysis to engage students in learning that supports individual student needs so that student academic growth improves
- continue to develop and document curriculum, instruction and assessment practices aligned with the essential core standards and relevant material resources
- build a positive and productive learning environment for all students and staff through frequent communication, clear and common expectations across grades, mutual respect and support
2021-22 Whole School Goal
Teachers will focus on using student data to develop and implement differentiated instructional approaches that align with the essential core standards, support individualized student academic and SEL needs, and increase student growth in line with statewide grade level expectations.
2021-22 Parent Feedback Goal
Teachers will work with students and families to build a positive school climate focused on common academic and behavioral expectations that foster mutual respect for others and support for different learning needs.