As of the summer of 2010, the State of Connecticut has adopted the Common Core State Standards, which is a set of national standards in Mathematics.
Following is a link that will bring you to explanations of expectations at each grade level.
K-12 Standards for Mathematical Practice
- Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
- Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
- Model with mathematics.
- Use appropriate tools strategically.
- Attend to precision.
- Look for and make use of structure.
- Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.
Standards for Mathematical Content include both concepts (what students need to understand) and skills (what students need to know and be able to do). These Standards aim for clarity and specificity. K-8 grade-by-grade standards are organized by domain and 9-12 high school band standards are organized by conceptual categories.
- CC = Counting and Cardinality
- OA = Operations and Algebraic Thinking
- NBT = Number Operations in Base Ten
- NF = Number and Operations – Fractions
- MD = Measurement and Data
- G = Geometry